Shop recommendation, Chicago area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
To the guys who are local to my area (Chicago and surrounding suburbs) I'm looking for a mechanic shop that comes highly recommended,

My exhaust manifold studs are broken, 3 bolts are all that left holding the passenger side manifold on, 2 I know will come out successfully and the rest are confirmed broken. The sound of the exhaust leak is driving me nuts, the motor is quite as hell in idle, but any throttle input and it sounds like a misfiring tractor.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MikeA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just recently removed 5 bad studs, 2 that was broken, using this stud extractor.

20170326_135741.jpg

Just to make sure they came out, I put a little heat on the head exhaust port near the studs.

I replaced the studs with stainless steel studs and nuts, no more rotted studs and nuts.

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
There is a guy there in Chicago that runs a shop and regularly posts videos on YouTube under the name fordtechmakuloco. His shop website is bsgautomotive.com. I'very been a tech for 40 years and he sounds like he really knows his stuff, you might give him a look. (Actually one of his videos is on replacing broken manifold studs.)