Side Impact Air Bags - how to tell/where located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

All,

I am looking to buy a 2000-2002 EB and have come across a couple that have the reaer sensors...now from my research this should indicate that the vehicle also has Side Impact Airbags....one of the candidates even states SIAB on the list of features....

But where exactly are the located? how can you tell they are installed? where do they deploy from?

As mentioned some of the units have the the rear sensors, but don't list the SIAB....maybe they are there and the dealer doesn't know it....again it is not obvious where they might be....also what type of protections would they provide...

thanks for any advice.

OP
OP
G

Not sure about the Expy but I have another car with side airbags which are deployed from the seats (along the side of the backrest).

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are standard equipment if you have the factory moonroof on the 03. Just follow the plastic trim along the door roof line inside the cab. If you see the the letters SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) or SIAC (Side Impact Air Curtain) then it is equipped with it.

OP
OP
G

on the 2001 EB they are integrated into the side of the backrest...the manual states that the seat fabric will rip open and the bags will inflate....they are connected to the upper outside edge of the front seats...there is a little sewn emblem of SRS....

thanks for the info...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69