Side mirror help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funugy

Reaction score
Before you go and buy new mirrors, try one thing. I experienced the exact same symptoms and this fixed it. Take the mirror part off by manually pushing on the left or right side. This will make the opposite stick out. Place your hand behind this opposite side and pull. It pops right off. This take the unit out in the middle of the mirror by removing the one screw. Clean out all the grease and then generously apply more grease. Put it all back together and more everything aournd to work it in. This fixed mine.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you actually use the "memory" function of the mirrors? There was a TSB (replace mirror memory module....) bulletin from Ford back in '03 about these mirrors. The memory module is junk and Ford would replace it under warranty about every 3 months. The last time it was replaced I just turned the "memory" feature off and have enjoyed stable mirrors ever since. You can turn the "memory" feature off in the message center. That would be my recommendation. Set the mirrors where you want them and forget about the stupid "memory" function.

-Mike

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Yes, we use it constantly. My wife is 5'1" and I'm 6'5". Big difference on where the mirror has to be positioned.