Side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchop307

Reaction score
Will expedtion mirrors work for a navigator? There is all kinds of options for the expeditions but very little for the navigators.

Sorry for the stupid question, but i wanted to make sure before i purchased and they were wrong.
Thanks in advance, guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is yours, your tag line doesn't say. If the mirrors off the nav are about the same as yours, the mount should be the same, you may or may not have to swap pins or plugs from your mirrors to theirs. See if you can get owner of mirrors to send pictures and measurements of bolt holes, so you can measure against yours. Also make sure their returnable, you don't need shaving mirrors for your bathroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jchop307

Reaction score
Sorry i should have been more specific I have a 1999 navigator, there are very few listed for them but all kinds of options for expedition and i thought they were the same but i just wanted to make sure first.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think all exp/nav mirrors are bolt on, complete compatibility any year. Maybe someone else knows for sure. I've seen a first gen with second gen mirrors and I've seen a second gen with third gen mirrors. Not sure about the harnesses.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I've been reading lately, the biggest issue is the plugs. Some had heating, some with signal light built in. I would imagine a Lincoln would have all the bells and whistles. Is yours an Eddie Bauer like mine, or more of a base version? Again you'll need to see the plug or amount of wires. Push come to shove you could splice your plug up to the wires from the Lincoln mirror, omit the ones you don't need!

OP
OP
J

jchop307

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, id hate to buy them and the connectors are wrong. Im sorry if i confused you but i have a lincoln and im wondering if the expedition mirrors will work on my navigator.

The heating element on the driverside quit and then this morning when i was trying to get the snow and ice off the cover broke off on the passenger side.
Thanks for your help, guys

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Theirs a bunch of navigator mirrors on eBay now. Why mess around when you can get a bolt on/ plug up fit. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, navigators are a dime a dozen for first gens, should be plenty of parts, hell probably one of our members has one.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The wiring for a 99 expedition and 99 navigator power mirrors are exactly the same and the connectors are the same. Not sure if the connector from other years in the 1st gen exp/nav would match up without further checking at this point.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correction There is a difference in the connector wiring depending if the mirrors have signal function or are memory function

The connectors are the same physical size but the wiring is different

Prints shown are for the passenger side Drivers side would be similar

Attachments

• C-607 with mem.gif
    C-607 with mem.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
  • C607-With Out  memory.gif
    C607-With Out memory.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members