Signal Delayed To Power Step Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fothco

Reaction score
For lubricant I use : motorcycle chain lube ; costly but effective . It prtoects too . For winter ice build up I wrap hot water rags at hinges and motor end for a few min . Then brush off the Ice chunks . So far so good : Canadian Winters with my Max-Expee . { if only the doors and windows were'nt so stuck ! fothco

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine sits outside 100% of the time (I never plug it in btw). That may play a role in the failing motors. The only time I get it warmed up is when I hit the wand wash or if I manage to squeeze it into an underground parkade for a hockey game.

OP
OP
Going_Going_Gone

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I edited the title of the thread to read "Signal Delayed To Power Step Motor" The step isn't hanging up, it moves up as soon as the motor gets power. The glitch is the electronics somewhere. Until the motor gets the signal, the step stays down. A true motor or linkage problem would be problematic in either direction.

Jeka

Reaction score
Mine does the same. I think it’s not a signal delay, more missing signal. The board retracts as soon as you reach certain speed. The same behaviour when you put them to “out” mode for cleaning/maintenance and start driving - they will go up in about the same delay.
I think original signal missed so safety check triggers boards to go up. IMO.
I ignore that since have bigger problem to deal with, which dealer cannot fix for the last 2.5 years and over 10 visits, my warranty is going out in coupe months... so tired to deal with dealership and Ford on that matter. Cancelled my Bronco reservation as well...

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I edited the title of the thread to read "Signal Delayed To Power Step Motor" The step isn't hanging up, it moves up as soon as the motor gets power. The glitch is the electronics somewhere. Until the motor gets the signal, the step stays down. A true motor or linkage problem would be problematic in either direction.

I think the signal thing is correct, and I think @Jeka is right: it does finally retract when you hit a certain speed (10mph maybe?). As I said previously, it happens to me occasionally but as I don’t make a habit of driving in parades, as long as it does retract when I hit anything above walking speed, I’ve never worried about it.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only does it when it is cold out. Did it last winter; nothing over the summer; doing it again this winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castawaypaul