Slight engine hesitation W/Video of problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok i know you might all tell me i'm crazy, but at the very end of the video when i step on the gas it goes up to around 3k rpm and you will hear the rpm's drop for a second and then come back up. My foot never lets up on the pedal and continues to push down. this doesn't happen all the time, but is a recurring problem when accelerating around mid speeds.

Any help with what this problem might be, or if its normal and i'm just obsessing over something that is no big deal.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16653046

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove a explorer sport trac and floored it to see how it would handle and sometimes it did that. Although it held the lower rpms longer, almost like it didn't want to down shift hard at first. Mine has never done that although. If you want, you could try a programmer. Although thats a $500 investment with no promised effect so be aware.

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what it could be? But your exhaust sounds really good that's how i want mine to sound what type do you got?

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flowmaster 50 series with a 5 inch tip. single output.

I want to get true dual one day, but for now it sounds just fine :)

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't really tell what is going on, I saw the rpms drop but they didn't come back up in the video. It could also be the torque converter trying to lockup at WOT which happens in some calibrations.
Matt R