Slight howling from front end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mazz

Reaction score
Hey guys we bought our first expedition, 08' Eddie Bauer, about a month ago. Everything has been good so far but this weekend I want to try and tracking down a slight howl that is coming from the drivers side front. I haven ruled anything out yet, first thing I want to look at is the tire of course, but are there any other common items to check out? I am familiar with the bearing/ball joint/ u-joint issues on ford superdutys but this is new ground for me. Thanks for the help, Adam.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front tires sound like bad wheel bearings. Checked it all out the other day and my bearings are good. Want to get new tires but these have a lot of tread left on them.

OP
OP
M

Mazz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I still haven't got five minutes to look at it but I've got somthingto start with. I could defiantly believe the howling tire issue sounding like a wheel bearing so I might start with a tire rotation to see if I can get the sound to move or change. Thanks again.