So, my dash is bubbling up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went out today and looked down at my dash right at the windshield and there's a big gap. Also present on pass side but not as much. Anyone else seeing this yet? 1 week old w/ 200 miles on odo.

Made an appt w/ 'trim tech' for Mon @ Ford dealership. Will see what they say. Can't be easy to replace that whole piece across entire dash.

IMG_20180621_1755173.jpg

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Las Vegas... Is it 110 degrees yet? Sorry to see that you are having that warp in the plastic.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dang, that’s some serious heat you have out there. I’m shocked you’re not posting a picture of a puddle of melted aluminum sitting in a parking space. All kidding aside that may be from glue not curing completely or something along those lines. Annoying? Totally! I’m guessing an easy fix, I hope so anyway.

FordTraveler

Reaction score
This has been happening in lots of American cars for over 40 years. That's another reason why I like to buy homes that have garages so I can keep my car out of the sun as much as possible to prevent stuff like this. But with only 200 miles on the clock, that sounds like a bad glue job.

OP
OP

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so, all glued back in place. Notes from tech state: 'used 3M 04747 Fuisor, bonded two dash panels back together in multiple places'. Looks good, except for the finger/hand prints all over the windshield that didn't get cleaned. But oh well.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so, all glued back in place. Notes from tech state: 'used 3M 04747 Fuisor, bonded two dash panels back together in multiple places'. Looks good, except for the finder/hand prints all over the windshield that didn't get cleaned. But oh well.
Ford doesn’t wash after visits?