So, nobody has EVER fixed their speedometer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gteater97

Reaction score
My tach works fine....Im not sure about the psom. I've never had to do anything to one of those. I'd just really hate to spend a couple hundred dollars on a pcm for nothing

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So by the tach working we know the pcm is seeing rpms and feeding that info to the cluster. Does the cruise work?
I'll look around the web and see if I can find the pinouts for the pcm. Then tie into the vss feed and see if it drops out when the speedo acts up.

gteater97

Reaction score
This might make sense to someone else but there was an extra ground added to the pcm for some reason

OP
OP
S

SJBikesaws

Reaction score
As for mine. A bad solder joint was one of the first things I looked for. And the PSOM is in the cluster. I have no cruise control either. If it isn't speed related it works. I am not sure what AC values I should see, but I am seeing voltage. I wish I had a known good PCM to test it.

gteater97

Reaction score
Me too... im also wondering if it could be the GEM? I've seen alot of complaints about water getting past the windshield and leaking down to the fuse panel and GEM.

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SJ...

I didn't read anything about whether you checked the condition of the wires that connect the two boards inside the cluster. Mine were tan in color and they were bare right where they bend at each connector. I had to disconnect that harness and separate both boards to fix my wires. I could imagine one breaking over time once they are bare and free from the rubber outer shell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited: