Some questions about future plug change.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 XLT with 4.6L

I'm planning to replace my plugs and coils soon. I did it once on my 98 a couple years ago. Back then I bought the coils on ebay from one of those two sellers that have all 8 coils for $100 or whatever. Is that still the preferred source of coils? What are the preferred plugs?

I'm planning to remove the intake as well to do this job. Probably going to replace the coolant line that runs under the intake while it's off. Also, what parts am I going to have to replace due to removing the intake, and what other parts should I replace while it's apart?

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 XLT with 4.6L

I'm planning to replace my plugs and coils soon. I did it once on my 98 a couple years ago. Back then I bought the coils on ebay from one of those two sellers that have all 8 coils for $100 or whatever. Is that still the preferred source of coils? What are the preferred plugs?

I'm planning to remove the intake as well to do this job. Probably going to replace the coolant line that runs under the intake while it's off. Also, what parts am I going to have to replace due to removing the intake, and what other parts should I replace while it's apart?

Yes on the coils. I believe everyone likes the obitals. and i think they are cheaper then 100 now. as for plug, Motorcraft or NGK. And as for replacing, I would replace the PCV elbow and EGR pressure sensor. Dont forget to clean the EGR ports while your at it.