Spark Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Don't recall anything about "summit" coils.. but anyways congrats!:favorites13:

Curious. Did you reset your computer when you changed your coils??

OP
OP

00 Expy Police

Reaction score
Don't recall anything about "summit" coils.. but anyways congrats!:favorites13:

Curious. Did you reset your computer when you changed your coils??

if ur reffering to did i disconnect bat,,no i didnt,just replaced coils and drove away,,

just got home from work and no spark know,,felt good to get on it and feel the power that 5.4 got,almost feels faster than my p71

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Congrats again...sounds like you found it!!

Had to look up P71... Police crown vic.. Cool.

hr31hr

Reaction score
:headbang::mfr_omg::signs1::happy160::pepper::big_banana_Dance:

Well remember in original post i said i bought summit brand coils,,well last night i checked gap on plugs and they were .045,changed out the coils to original motorcraft and drove last night for 50 miles and it was good,,,this morning was cold and did my normal thing and it was fine for another 50 mile trip to work,,so i dont understand why those summit coils did that but im a happy camper,,now i can move on to shocks and brakes

I know this is an old post but I want to bring it back up because it was the only one I found that had the same symptoms as mine. The resolution was the sane as well. I had used two Summit Racing coils as replacements and when I chnaged them out for MOtocraft the problem went away.