spintech mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for those looking for more power and a nice sound should look into spintech mufflers. i've had them on 2 expeditions. i had a catback with x-pipe on my 97 expedition 5.4 xlt. it had a nice deep rumble to it. it had a dual in dual out muffler 2.5 in. piping. i have it on my 03 expedition 5.4xlt. i have a catback xpipe dual in single out due to irs. the exhaust systems are built to handle alot of power. they provide mufflers for world of outlaw sprint cars, so you know they can handle a lot HP. the website only says f-150 but they fit expeditions. my 03 expedition they had to custom make it cuz they never made one for an irs before. hope you guys find this review helpful.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I second your recommendation! I just installed my Spintech exhaust today, wow what a frieking awesome sound.

Just for reference I'll let everyone know that on my old Pontiac I used to sware by Flowmasters and always had compliments on my 3 chamber Flowmasters, with my Pontiac 400, excellent sound, that's the standard that's been set in my mind for 10+ years.

But today was the first time I've ever heard a Spintech exhaust and it's kind of hard to describe, very unique, just like Borla is unique. It's very deep sounding but not droaning. It's got a very sharp clean sound to it when you rev up the engine. It's not crackly or annoying like glass packs, and not muffled like turbo mufflers. It's just different.

On my setup I ran 2.5" pipes from the engine to the muffler. The muffler has two inlets and one BIG outlet. Right now its still using the Ford factory 2.75" tail pipe and I still have all (4) cat converters. Tomorrow I remove the rear cat converters and if it's not too loud I'll replace the entire tail pipe with a full on 3" pipe on an angle cut instead of side outlet.

My goal has been ultimately to gain MPG, and at the same time make the engine slightly gutsy sounding instead of silent like it was. If at any point it begins to sound annoying or too loud then I'll take a step back and make it quieter again.

The reviews I found on this site showed the CFM of all different muffler brands and Spintech was pretty damn good, almost double the CFM flow of Flowmasters. The better flow is my plan to make every part of the drivetrain as efficient as possible.

Last edited:

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really any noticeable droan so far. With the two rear cats deleted it definitely got louder, but just a healthy crisp sounding engine. Before it was a generic sounding V-8, now it's got a little more rumble when stepping on it. My mpg is better too.

OP
OP
tallsville

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no drone. if you go to the exhuast vids you can hear what it sounds like inside of mine. i'll try and make another vid tmw getting on freeway and cruising.