Sputtering and no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2012 Ford Expedition Limited. I have had my vehicle in to get fixed for 5 weeks and they cannot seem to fix the problem. New sensors, new computer, new calatylic converter and they thought they fixed it and I received my vehicle back. We took it to town and while idling it started to shake, we took it down the road, pushed the gas peddle down and it did not go anywheres. Somehow it seems worse then it was before. Could there be an electrical wiring grounding out causing the problem? My Ford dealership is awesome and trying their best but we seem to be on end trying to figure out what is causing this problem. Can you help?

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It always helps to know year and model and engine information Your asking if it could be an electrical problem and knowing the above info helps as Ford is well known for making changes from one year to another and even in the same Gen's

Consider having a signature line with that info

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Join the club. Mine's a 2012 KR with same problems, missing, shaking on acceleration, floor it and the vehicle almost comes to a stop. It's been in the dealership off and on for 3 weeks now, replaced coilpack, plug, injector on the #7 cylinder with no joy. I'm taking it to a different dealer next week, I've got the premium ESP.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Mine is going back in and Ford has allowed my Ford dealer mechanic to go ahead (under warranty) and check a valve that may be sticking, which they say is going to be a big job. Well let me know how yours go and I will keep mine updated too. Hopefully we can get our both fixed:)

emtmark

Reaction score
I have a '12 what valve are they talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After a long drawn out ordeal that includes opening a case with Ford, and changing dealerships, I found out today that my EX probably has a cracked head

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Well after 9 weeks I just picked up my expedition:) Stauffers changed the wire harness. We are all hoping that this fixed the problem:) A big thanks to Stauffers Motors for their patience.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After changing dealership shops, I finally got our '12 KR back today. 49 days straight in the shop. Ford picked up a rent car cost when I got one on October 14. Cracked head that never caused an overheating problem, nor steam/water coming out of tailpipe. Total cost for warranty repairs was over $4000.00. The Ford ESP paid for itself on this one visit to shop. Apparently the head was cracked in a way that allowed coolant to seep into #7 cylinder over night or when parked for a long period of time. Starting it up would show a misfire in #7. After driving about 10 mins or so, the miss would almost go away unless I floored it and tried to accelerate or pass. Went on almost a 3000 mile trip and coolant never went down enough to fill the reservoir. Glad to get it back.