Stealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So apparently after bringing my truck in for my strange squeaking noise they have came to the conclusion that my lower ball joints need to be replaced...

Now, they tell me it's my upper AND lower ball joints. Finally, now they've called and told me that it's my upper ball joints, lower ball joints, tie rods, and axle split boot on right side.

And then they begin to tell me that since my truck is lifted with "big" tires on it that it is putting a lot more wear on the front suspension... Apparently by a lot, they mean a LOT.

WTF, do you guys have a rough estimate about how much you all think this should cost? And please don't tell me to do it myself, cause I've had bad experiences with ball joints in the past and I need this done quick.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well uppers really are very easy to do your self, it the lowers that seem to be quite a bit harder. Moving on when you get your ball joints done you will also need an alignment. I got uppers and lowers and alignment for about $700 when I had mine done at a shop.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well uppers really are very easy to do your self, it the lowers that seem to be quite a bit harder. Moving on when you get your ball joints done you will also need an alignment. I got uppers and lowers and alignment for about $700 when I had mine done at a shop.

I hope you are talking front and rear

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you only have ball joints on the front. its on the spindle so you can turn your tires. you can do it your self. go buy a tie rod/ball joint fork. mine cost $10 from orieleys. and a big hammer. go to town on them. since your replaceing them its fine if they brake. there is a video on youtube about how to do it to an f150 and thats the same as ours. ill try and find it. and BS with the ALOT part. walnuts has 37, thermo has 37, mudryder has 38s. do they have problems? sure! but they have BIG tires. not 34s. so dont take it there. you can do the work in your driveway.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I meant to say left and right... cause 700 is a ton of money.

I was going to tell them that I can get my own genuine Motorcraft parts online for cheap as hell and get someone else to do it for a fraction of the cost of what they'll charge me... and then kind of just rub it in their face afterwards. Lol, but we will see what happens tomorrow.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It cost me $860 for left and right, upper and lower ball joints. I got upgraded heavy duty ball joints because of my lift and tires.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was about $750 for upper and lowers on both sides....it's spendy. What's worse is the fabtech lift kit I have requires chevy uppers so....it's kind of a given they will keep breaking more often.

Actually...I find this interesting. When I ran 33's I went 5 years without needing to replace the ball joints...ever since I moved to 35's....replace them every 9-12 months

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was about $750 for upper and lowers on both sides....it's spendy. What's worse is the fabtech lift kit I have requires chevy uppers so....it's kind of a given they will keep breaking more often.

Actually...I find this interesting. When I ran 33's I went 5 years without needing to replace the ball joints...ever since I moved to 35's....replace them every 9-12 months

What do you mean Chevy ball joints with a Fabtech Kit????