Steering question after collision repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfanfordman

Reaction score
Took a hit on the right front wheel from an idiot. Got it back today and have to say body shop did pretty good. However it seems to take a more exaggerated turn of the wheel to get steering response - I think in both directions but the wife thinks problem is worse when turning left. There is not excessive play in the wheel. Lock to lock is almost 4 full turns, whereas the specs say 3.2 turns is what it should be I think (2013 Expedition). Same number of turns from center line to lock in both directions - almost 2 full. The parts list for the repair says remove/reinstall steering gear box, not remove/replace, so I'm led to believe it's the same steering box. Is this issue correctable, and where should I start? Should I return to the body shop? Car has been away for several weeks and been driving a sporty rental, so yeah, I expect the steering will feel different, but I'm pretty sure it is changed from its previous like new condition.

Last edited:

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would take it back. They were paid for the repair. They should fix it right. Just have a positive attitude when you go in there. ******* anyone off usually gets you no where.