stereo mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rad1978

Reaction score
Hello everybody I have a Eddie Bauer that's fully loaded, I have done lots of searching on this site and can't seem to find any info on my question, So I though I would ask you guys.
I'm looking to swap out my factory HU with a new pioneer avic 6100nex. I'm getting everything from crutchfield (so I will be getting all harnesses and connectors needed to retain all factory options).
My question is the pioneer HU has 2 USB connectors and an HDMI connector, and the aux connector but their all in the back of the HU and I'm going to want to use them a lot. Has anybody modded there dash to be able to bring those connections to the front using cables, or does anyone have any suggestions for me to try.
I will try to post a pic of my dash when I get off work.
Thanks in advance.

Matt63

Reaction score
My question is the pioneer HU has 2 USB connectors and an HDMI connector, and the aux connector but their all in the back of the HU and I'm going to want to use them a lot. Has anybody modded there dash to be able to bring those connections to the front using cables, or does anyone have any suggestions for me to try.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would bring those cables and fabricate something to add those jacks at the 12V power point. You even have a nice cover there. I'm guessing you have a 4x4. If you have a 4x2 you'd be able to use the space where the coin holder is....And it can all be reversed with no holes drilled anywhere.

Last edited:

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you want to use them for? I ran a USB cable from the back of the head unit to the center console on my old Crown Vic.

OP
OP
R

rad1978

Reaction score
What do you want to use them for? I ran a USB cable from the back of the head unit to the center console on my old Crown Vic.

I want to be able to hook up my iphone and use apple play and also with a hdmi i can watch netflix and movies on my HU.

OP
OP
R

rad1978

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would bring those cables and fabricate something to add those jacks at the 12V power point. You even have a nice cover there. I'm guessing you have a 4x4. If you have a 4x2 you'd be able to use the space where the coin holder is....And it can all be reversed with no holes drilled anywhere.

I do have a 4x4 I never thought about that popping out one of the cig lighters would wrok too. thanks for the idea.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remove the cigarette lighter socket in the center console and replace it with one of these: Blue Sea Systems® 1044 - 12VDC USB Extension

* Sorry, I see you want HDMI also. I don't think they make a plug-and-play solution for that, so you would likely have to mod it on your own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rad1978

Reaction score
Remove the cigarette lighter socket in the center console and replace it with one of these: Blue Sea Systems® 1044 - 12VDC USB Extension

* Sorry, I see you want HDMI also. I don't think they make a plug-and-play solution for that, so you would likely have to mod it on your own.

Hey was surfing around today when I stumbled across these from get wired usa.
I think they are gonna work perfect. Thank u all for the feedback on this issue.

Attachments

• 1436380142738-443530221.jpg
    1436380142738-443530221.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 1391126933836589448562.jpg
    1391126933836589448562.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 84

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey was surfing around today when I stumbled across these from get wired usa.
I think they are gonna work perfect. Thank u all for the feedback on this issue.

Oh wow, they do make them. Awesome.

e4nash

Reaction score
I have the Pioneer 4100NEX. I ran my iPhone cable out of the front left corner of the radio console bezel. When not in use I can slide it back up into the dash and the only thing you see is the tip of the cord. I have another USB cord that runs to the glove box and I have a 128GB flash drive connected to that and that stores my movies. I tried the AppConnect from Pioneer with the HDMI cable and the Apple HDMI adapter and didn't like it. I like CarPlay much better. I found the features of Pioneer's AppConnect to be extremely buggy and it was a pain having to switch inputs and sources on the deck just to access the apps or watch a movie because that is the only way you can watch a movie on your iPhone or iPod. The way I have it setup now I just switch the source to USB 2 and watch a movie. Here's a pic. I like that I don't have cables in the front like I would have if the USB port was in place of the aux port. But now that I see that can be added I may add it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443797769.217092.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT