stock sized rims tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problem, vic. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you. I have a set of 22's on my Expedition, so let me know if you have questions. I personally have 305/40's on 22"x9.5". I have no complaints about them, but next time I change tires, I think I will go with 305/45's. Either size tire for the 22's should be good for you, though. Just make sure you select a tire that fits your needs and a rim that you like.

If you want to see how they fit my XLT 4x4, follow the link to my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939867

Also, let us know where you are shopping. Maybe some of us can recommend some websites or local shops.

OP
OP
V

vic2367

Reaction score
hey remo your truck looks awesome,,but im really not sure what does 305/40's mean ? i know i want the 22s but am looking at the wider tires ,,

roryqueale

Reaction score
I have 305/45 22's on my expedition. I think that size and tire combo looks absolutely awesome, it just looks right on the truck. Not TOO big, but just enough space in the wheel well to fit it nicely. If your thinking of 22's, take a look at my pic of them on here to get and idea of the fit.

A friend of mine has 28's on his denali... freaking huge!!! its too much though! I dont think it looks good.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
305--the first number--is the section width of the tire. This is how wide the tire is, basically. The 40--the second number--is the aspect ratio, which refers to the sidewall height. So, the 40 means that the sidewall is 40% of 305 (the width). Hope that makes sense. I know it's explained much better on tirerack.com. Also, you said wider tires? If you go any wider than 305, I'm almost positive you are going to have rubbing issues. Trust me, 305 is huge--especially compared to the stock 255 or 265. Don't go wider than 305. It's the perfect fit/look for the truck.

OP
OP
V

vic2367

Reaction score
thanks again for the info remo,,,305s sounds just about right for me

roryqueale

Reaction score
I forget how to post pics and links on here... you can see under the "show and tell" section. Look for roryqueale and open that thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vic2367

Reaction score
hey remo , i read in another post around here that you upgraded your interior lights with the xenons ,,,could you please tell me where you got them at ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986