stock sized rims tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly...sorry...but, a word of warning, some lights ending up looking whiter than others. I think its because of the housing or the lense they are behind. I think LEDs are a better option. I plan on swapping the yellower xenon bulbs for some white LEDs. Here are some websites to buy lights, though: www.discountleds.com, www.superbrightleds.com, and www.oznium.com. There are hundreds more, just do some searching on yahoo or something. Good luck!

Reaction score
I would like some input on tire size for a 18" rim.

I feel that they look awesome and found a set but the rubber on them is a little small 255/60/18 that's 4.93 too small.

What size rubber do you guys recommend for the 18" rim? I would love to see some pics of stock (265/65/18) which seems closest, to biggest that will fit 285/60/18) maybe?

This tire size stuff is always confusing to me.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

^^Use that to compare aftermarket tire/rim sizes to stock sizes.

Also, like I said earlier, the first number is the width and the second number is the aspect ratio. You use the aspect ratio as a percentage of the width to find the sidewall height.

Using that (and doubling it) and adding the size of the rim, gives you the overall whee/tire height. Also, you can calulate the overall circumference using the tire/wheel data.

freemanroberts -- http://www.tirerack.com/tires/sizes/results.jsp?diameter=18
^^There are the possible sizes. Use this list and the calculator to figure out what works. On my 2000 4x4, I fit 305/40/22 and 285/75/16. I don't think any larger will fit without a lift or rubbing.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a GREAT site for you. Pretty much every type of bulb in MANY colors and types. I'll give you a link once I get on my other comp. I'll also give you a link to what TYPE of lights the interior of your truck has.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the website for the sizes/locations: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Sorry Bloodzero, beat you to it, lol. I'm interested in seeing what webite you recommend for bulbs, though. I'm always shopping for lighting.

As far as colored bulbs...I advise against it. I tried using some incandescent bulbs with blue glass and it didn't work out well. If you really want to go the colored route, I'd go with LEDs. Actually, I'd go with LEDs even for white light. It's more expensive, but I think it's more predictable, brighter, and better looking. It's worth the cost. Do it right the first time, unlike me!

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be able to get the site posted tomorrow. Stupid comp is on the fritz but I should have it up and running smoothly by tonight.