stoped running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

if you do not have voltage at the shut-off switch check the following in the battery junction box under hood fuse #2 and #10 also check the fuel pump relay and the PCM Power Relay pull both relays clean the contact area and reinstall the relays
also check fuse #30 in the central junction box.

how many miles on the expy and do you have the owners manual

OP
OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
Thanks, will do. Got someone husband knows about cars said he would come and look at it. Thanks for all ya'lls help. I will let you all know how it comes out.

Trueno

Reaction score
Yes, sprayed starter fluid. It starts it then dies after about a minute.

Started and ran with ether, then died, sounds like a big vacuum leak.

Any idle problems leading up to this?

t

Trueno

Reaction score
The infamous "T" on the rear of some Ford 4.6' intakes that occasionally rears its ugly head came to mind. Seems it'll leak slightly when it wants and cause minor driveabilty problems ("the leading up to part"), then it breaks completely and tries to leave you on the side of the road (OP's current problem).

Last one I had was a '98 F150 4.6 Triton, do any of ours have that connection?

t

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

The infamous "T" on the rear of some Ford 4.6' intakes that occasionally rears its ugly head came to mind. Seems it'll leak slightly when it wants and cause minor driveabilty problems ("the leading up to part"), then it breaks completely and tries to leave you on the side of the road (OP's current problem).

Last one I had was a '98 F150 4.6 Triton, do any of ours have that connection?

t

the key word in your statement is "rear of some Ford 4.6"

May be best at this point to see what the OP reports back before any more guesses are made