strange scraping noise in front end???only up hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollingbear

Reaction score
hi there
i have only had this 2003 fx4 4x4 exp for about a month and about a week ago it started making a strange scraping noise from the front end ... but its only when i go up hill. on flat land or going down i don't hear it. ( live in the mountains so i hear it a lot) it sounds to me like i have a small cable or wire caught in the rotor and the sound stops when i stop the truck. it will sometimes skip if i hit a bump or pot hole. i have looked under neath but don't see anything. i lent my floor jack to a friend so i haven't pulled the wheels off yet but its really strange that its only going up hill..any thoughts???

PS i did a search and read a little about the wheel bearings and attractors. i know i have the a/c dash vent vacuum leak problem i need to fix but just haven't had the time yet. could this maybe have something to do with it? thanks

ericnyce

Reaction score
Vacuum leak could cause hub actuators to engage? This sounds like abs is engaging? On mine it's this. Th actuators are grinding because the cv shaft is trying to connect to the hub assembly. Good luck. I can't find my leak/problem