Street Scene Grille is on! Whew!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

950-778311.jpg

Finally got the grille on! The instructions below were VERY helpful.

2003 Ford Expedition Grille Removal

However, the instructions above are for a BILLET GRILLE installation.

To install the Street Scene Grille, there are TWO important things to note.

1. Installation of the Street Scene Grille requires using the stock Ford center grille. You'll need a second person, a reciprocating saw and hacksaw, and a dremel tool. You'll need to cut away ALL the horizonal and vertical pieces from the stock center grille. Then you'll need to sand it down and paint it. I painted mine silver which seemed appropriate since the bezel is chrome and the Street Scene Grille is chrome.

2. The above instructions also say

"Another set of clips holds the bezel onto the insert and was carefully pried apart."

For the Billet Grille, you need to separate the stock Ford center grille from the chrome bezel. This is because the Billet Grille takes the place of the stock Ford center grille.

However, the Street Scene Grille NEEDS the cut out stock Ford center grille. SO, you need to leave the stock Ford center grille attached to the chrome bezel. Therefore, you need to cut out the center portion of the grille, sand it and paint it WHILE THE CHROME BEZEL IS STILL ATTACHED. This means you'll need to tape off the chrome bezel so no paint gets on it.

It would have been nice if Street Scene had made a frame for the Street Scene Grille so that all you had to do was snap out the stock Ford center grille and place the Street Scene Grille in its place (like the Billet Grille).

The Street Scene Lower Valence grille was much easier to install. The stock lower valence is held it with tabs which pop off (a door trim removal tool is helpful here). The stock Ford lower valence is not needed, so that's the only thing I have that is still intact.

I'll get pictures later since it's aready late, but the image link above it pretty close, only I didn't place the FORD emblem on the grille.

Luckily, I had primer, sand paper and high heat resistant silver paint on hand. I wasn't expecting to hack up the stock Ford center grille.

So, if anyone is interested in getting a Street Scene Center Grille, just be sure to be prepared!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry