Stuck at gas station truck won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenf

Reaction score
Hi, I had an identical problem with my 2007 Expedition. I went through the the usual starter motor, battery ( was recently changed). The last thing I did was to swap over the starter relays. I swapped them with the trailer towing relays( same units). The relays are #57 run/ start relay and #54 starter relay. swapped with relay #55 towing and #56 towing lights battery charge. Since then no issues with the truck. BTW relays are in the box above plastic radiator shroud in front of the motor.
Hope this helps.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, I had an identical problem with my 2007 Expedition. I went through the the usual starter motor, battery ( was recently changed). The last thing I did was to swap over the starter relays. I swapped them with the trailer towing relays( same units). The relays are #57 run/ start relay and #54 starter relay. swapped with relay #55 towing and #56 towing lights battery charge. Since then no issues with the truck. BTW relays are in the box above plastic radiator shroud in front of the motor.
Hope this helps.

Problem was resolved with a reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sonofagun

Reaction score
This is going to sound weird, but your Truck needs a Reboot, and to clear the KAM(Keep Alive Memory).

Pull the battery cables, turn the lights on. Wait a few minutes. Turn light switch off, and reconnect battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is my go to.
Before trying anything else, reboot the truck (remove negative batt terminal and reconnect after 15-20 seconds). I've fixed windows that stopped working, remote start that stopped working and the rear door that stopped working.

Last edited: