Stumbling, shaking and loss of power. 99 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepygurrrrl

Reaction score
My new baby ran awesome. Glass Packs, powerful and just awesome. Then all the sudden I noticed that it was slipping/stumbling as I accelerated. The power is 50% of what it was. I read something on here about the OD, so I did notice that when I turn it off, it's smoother around town. Waiting to use my Pa's code readers, but I'm thinking TPS? Transmission fluid is clean and at the appropriate level. As are the rest of the fluids. I just want that badass power back and to know that my beloved, coveted vehicle is gonna pull through!!!:wtf2:

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am having pretty much the exact same issue on my 99 EB. Right now I'm leaning towards it being either a faulty coil, plug, or combination of both. I'm going to replace all 8 coils and plugs this evening, I would suggest replacing yours as well.

OP
OP
S

sleepygurrrrl

Reaction score
I did a fuel injection cleaner before i filled my tank last, using a higher grade gasoline. The improvement was incredible. Though the ultimate test will be the giant hill I have to come up from town, but hopefully it was just bad gas my no-no of letting the tank get to low. To quote my brother, also my mechanic. "Never let it get below a quarter of a tank!!" Thanks guys!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt