Sub and amp install in wife's Expi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a few pics of the sub enclosure and amp install in my wife's 04 Expi. Enclosure was sprayed with Reflex bedliner spray. While amps are mounted behind left rear trim panel, we have a HUGE computer fan sucking air through the factory sub grill and blowing across the amps.

Subbox1.jpg

Completedsubbox.jpg

AmpRack.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very nice! i like the solo classics! big bass for small enclosures! what is that a 12? also good choice on the amps. pricey but great for the price! i want some!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ur not afraid of overheating with both amps sitting on top of each other like that? not to mention in there with no air movement...still looks good...how does it sound on the side compared to being str8 across the rear?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never mind my post...shouldve read instead of just looking at the pics...

but please answer about the sound...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would work but i'd need it on the other side where the rear A/C components are...darn...

OP
OP
boiler71

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
never mind my post...shouldve read instead of just looking at the pics...

but please answer about the sound...

The sound is fantastic-IT BOOMS! I've had bass situated both ways-straight and on the side-and there's really no difference because bass is omni-directional.

Make no mistake about it-this is MY Expi (regardless of what my hubby posts-LAUGH :D)

~Boiler71's awesome wife~