Sub box build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i was getting tired of my ghetto ported box so i went and made my own. so i went online and used a sub box calculator. http://reaudio.com/box.php it works real well and you can make your box into any size shape and tune you want. heres what i came up with. speakerbox.png 2cbft at 31hz. so i went out and bought some 3/4" MDF. bigwood.jpg it didnt fit. it stuck out like 4". so i closed the back and used a bungie cord to keep it down. (i learned my exhaust is super loud when im on the gas. you can really hear it with the back open.)
so then i got to work cutting the wood. saw dust everywhere! still picking out the saw dust out my nose. i dont have pics of the cutting. big woop. its me cutting wood. haha
heres the wood cut and layed out. incorrectly. the front piece is in the front of the port. not supposed to look like this. layoutnotcorrect2.jpg

well after a few days of drilling and counter sinking the holes it came down to glueing and screwing. holecut.jpg holeport.jpg
for some stupid reason the port moved about 1/4-1/2 inch for who knows what reason. so now the front piece is all off on the port side. its not a big deal. im gonna get some bondo eventually and fill in the space. and all the screw holes.

so heres the finished product. after the glue and the silicon dried.subboxdone.jpg and yes it still fits behind the 3rd row!

i will be taking a video of this later. its nice and LOUD!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 2 of those now in a sealed box...i want to go vented...what freq is it tuned at? what cu ft did you go with? i know the range is 1.75-2.25 per sub for 12's

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used to have 2 kicker CVR 12's in a ported box tuned around 34 Hz and it sounded good. And for future reference: The RE Box calculator is a bit inaccurate, but if you're not looking for EXACT tuning, it does the trick!

FREEWAY, all of those questions you asked are answered in the first picture.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dexter...you ever get a chance at computing a vented box from the specs i posted when you asked for them?

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its 31hz. a little low. but its all good. and i know its not 100% accurate. but if i wanted it perfect i would have gone to a professional. and no this sub isnt going to stay. either an RE Sex or a power acoustic ****.

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its 31hz. a little low. but its all good. and i know its not 100% accurate. but if i wanted it perfect i would have gone to a professional. and no this sub isnt going to stay. either an RE Sex or a power acoustic ****.

I love RE.

FREEWAY, I asked how much space there was behind the 3rd row and I don't remember ever getting an answer, maybe I just lost the thread.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
me too. i might go with them. but my cousins **** is real nice. ill see when the time comes.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love RE.

FREEWAY, I asked how much space there was behind the 3rd row and I don't remember ever getting an answer, maybe I just lost the thread.

yeah you lost it the thread...i'll see if i can find the numbers...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dexter...2nd time...lol

H-23"
W-50"
D1-11" - top
D2-16" - bottom