superchips cortex 1950 programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starbuck478

Reaction score
so i just bought this superchips cortex 1950 programer for my 03 xlt 5.4L and i was wondering if any of you have the same set up in your rig and if so have you tried adjusting the shift points and shift firmness levels? i do plan on running the performance tune when i refuel with 91+ octane but my rig is a daily driver so i won't be doing that too often and want to set my stock w/ options tune with the best combo for performance. off the bat i set the shift firmness at +20 psi and the shift points at +100 rpm for all shifts. any input is greatly appriciated

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have it and if you use 87 octane it will adjust those shifts for you for that program...then once you upgrade your fuel go perfomance...i dont have knowledge to mess with the points passed that...you'll definitely notice a difference on 87...jumps off the line and up to 35-40 with no problems...felt like a car...i'm currently on gas saver for my trip to and from alabama and to deal with big city driven (lots of stop lights)...I LUV IT!!! let me know what you find out when playing with the shift points

OP
OP
starbuck478

starbuck478

Reaction score
thanks bhsoulja i took your advice and just went with the 87 tune after i decided i dont really want to mess with the shift points and firmness untill i learn a little more about the effects it will have on my expy and i have a decent way to track which combo has the best gains. i did notice a pretty big difference with the cortex runnin on just the 87 cant wait to fill it up with 91+ ive been drivin around just tryin to get my tank down so i can refill :D

kevsign

Reaction score
I just got Cotex 1950 my for 2007 Expedition try tune get the error E-5E anybody get same error code and how to fix? I wait for tech to get back to fix this.

I also try the BullyDog GT and had an issue too. The file need update is INBH7KB.HEX file. I call Bully Dog Tec. they said it new operating system of my ford they going to re-program to work with my ford and may take couple weeks I will return to the shop for sure. I recommend you guys should test before install and wiring to your truck.

New Edge product not works at all for Expedition for now. Tech said may be 6-12 months.

Thanks!
Kevin

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never received a code...i updated my programmer immediately per instructions to ensure latest update...plugged and tuned...no issues for me...and i go back and forth from gas saver to 87 settings often...mood dependent

kevsign

Reaction score
Was E-5E error they adjust custom setting. I waiting the Bully Dog GT fix their too. I got both and trying these out.

ktrjones12

Reaction score
i have it and if you use 87 octane it will adjust those shifts for you for that program...then once you upgrade your fuel go perfomance superchips...i dont have knowledge to mess with the points passed that...you'll definitely notice a difference on 87...jumps off the line and up to 35-40 with no problems...felt like a car...i'm currently on gas saver for my trip to and from alabama and to deal with big city driven (lots of stop lights)...I LUV IT!!! let me know what you find out when playing with the shift points

Bump. I am thinking of grabbing a superchip but don't know to right way to set it up. But is the change that noticeable when you install one? I mean would it make that much of a difference?

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes compared to stock...the settings is up to you...gas X (saver), 87 octane, 91 octane...only use 91...IF YOURE PUTTING 91 OCTANE in your truck...other than that...from stock to 87 octane performance...you will notice a big difference...