Swapping out stock DVD Player in '03 Been wanting to swap out the stock DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Swapping out stock DVD Player in '03

Been wanting to swap out the stock DVD player with an aftermarket unit that is capable of playing

DVD+R/-R/+RW/-RW/MP3

Has anyone done this and be able to retain the stock screen and plastic cover and get the whole thing to work with the stock radio?

Or is that just asking too much or would it be easier to replace the entire stock DVD player and screen and still get it to work with the stock radio head unit?

leroystokes

Reaction score
I have swapped out my system. There is no way to swap out the DVD player and be able to continue to use the screen since they are one unit and wired together and will only work with the factory radio as well. So if you want to be able to play recorded movies on he DVD you will have to change out that entire unit. If you decide to go that route, you will have to have a FM modulator installed so that you will be able to hear the movie through a radio station. As for me I replace the scree, DVD player, and the radio and ran a RCA cable straight to the radio for the audio coming from the DVD player. There is no one out there that makes a wiring harness that will allow you to keep the factory DVD player if you change out the radio either. The DVD player will only work with the factory system, so keep that in mind if you decide to change out the radio. That is why I just changed out everything, radio, screen (13"), and DVD player.

Maryland Eddie

Reaction score
DVD

I have a 2003 e/b with no DVD. I want to install one. What brand do you recommend? Any cautionary notes?

leroystokes

Reaction score
Personally I don't think the brand matters. It depends on what you want to spend. As far as cautionary notes, if you do it, make sure you have everything you need and do it right the first time. If you get it done at a palce of business make sure they know what they are doing, just because they own a shop means nothing.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure you get a TFT LCD screen. The TFT makes it so you can see from all angles without distortion.

There aren't any real :bad: untis. I would stay away from the cheapos on ebay though. I have had a few and they are junk. And Boss in the number 1 in junk IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT