Sync 3/Radio is slow and laggy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently picked up a 2020 Expy Ltd Max w/Stealth and I'm having issues with the radio. I mostly use Sirius and after starting the truck, its difficult to change channels, or if the display shows the change to a new channel, the radio is actually playing the previous channel. Or, sometimes the opposite happens, the display does not show the channel change, but the audio coming out of the speakers reflects the channel change. It takes several minutes for the radio/display to sort itself out.

I tried factory resetting the system, but that didnt help. I also tried removing my USB thumb drive w/MP3s in case the system was lagging due to trying to read in all those MP3s.

Has anyone seen this? If so, is there a fix?

Regards,
Luke

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What version are you on? I realize your on sync 3 but you can find the revision number under the menu.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, have you connected your vehicle to your home wifi and update to the newer 3.4?

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check for an update. I know there are newer versions out than the one you have. Since I have a 2018 I have to update with third party software (to get to 3.4) and I remember there being a version out there that people reported being laggy.

I am on latest version and I have no issues currently

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
21194 Is not known to have any issues, but yes there are newer. Inventory of a drive full of files, yes can slow Sync down for a while especially if it is a slow drive. If you removed it rebooted Sync, and it was still slow, then that is not the cause. I suggest connecting to WiFi, and checking for updates.

OP
OP
tommyboy

tommyboy

Reaction score
Upgraded to a newer SYNC version, will keep everyone informed. For now, I can at least say that I feel it handles my 8900+ MP3s on the USB drive better. It did hang for a few minutes, but eventually recovered. Buttons to skip songs didnt react immediately, and sometimes the song did change but the display did not reflect the change.

1669823042728.png

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Upgraded to a newer SYNC version, will keep everyone informed. For now, I can at least say that I feel it handles my 8900+ MP3s on the USB drive better. It did hang for a few minutes, but eventually recovered. Buttons to skip songs didnt react immediately, and sometimes the song did change but the display did not reflect the change.

View attachment 75809
That is A LOT of files to inventory and it will do it every time the car has been off for a while, or the drive is reinserted.

OP
OP
tommyboy

tommyboy

Reaction score
That is A LOT of files to inventory and it will do it every time the car has been off for a while, or the drive is reinserted.
agree. I bought a usb drive that has a ssd in it, but none of my vehicles recognize it. sad face.