Tailgate reopens after it is closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with their tailgate opening back up after it closes? We’ve had issues with it happening on our truck since it was new but thought it was due to the door coming into contact with the cargo liner from our 2017 that doesn’t fit properly. When closing the tailgate, it stays closed for a second or two, then it reopens. We’ve even had it reopen after manually closing the tailgate on several occasions. It’s like it thinks something is blocking the tailgate but it doesn’t make sense how it actually is completely closed and then reopens. It always happens at the most inopportune times, usually when I’m carrying one of my kids and putting stuff in the back and finally being overly fed up with it, before I packed up the truck this morning, I rolled the front of the cargo liner down between the 2nd row seat backs and the tops of the folded flat 3rd row seats leaving 3-4” of the back floor exposed between the door and the cargo liner and I also made sure the snow was cleaned off the bumper but it still happen twice today. GRRR, between this and the trailer connected/disconnected warning messages, I need to go find some of those little gremlin bells.

zarga

Reaction score
Yep. Mine did the same thing, though not as often as yours it seems. The dealer did a master reset and I haven't had a problem since. I do keep it locked in the garage just in case it tries to open and hit the garage door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69