Taking off emblems????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Does the 2000 expedition have glued on emblems?????

I just got myself a 2000 expedition and I want to take off the emblems...... is that possible or are they screwed in? If they are glued I can just get a blow dryer and do it but I dont want to hassle if they are going to leave holes in the car, so please let me know if the expedition just has glue on emblems

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have stick-on emblems, but the emblems use locating pins which fit into holes punched into the fenders/tailgate.

OP
OP
G

so that means i cant take the emblems off unless I want holes in my car

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Absolutely right.

You can purchase plugs to plug up the holes, but I'm guessing you wanted a smooth surface and not holes.

Also, in the future. Rather than using a heat gun to remove adhesive emblems, you can use dental floss to cut away the adhesive backing of the emblem and then slowly peel away are the remaining adhesive.

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
id like to remove the emblems also they look like crap. where can i get the plugs you spoke of? any pics of this done?

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to be careful when removing old emblems as well. The paint a lot of the times might not look faded, but once you remove that emblem you'll have brand new shiny paint staring at you that doesnt match the rest of the 7 year old paint job. Once a car has been int he sun for a few years, forget taking off the emblems

siredzo

Reaction score
im going to upgrade my emblems to the new current ones for my 97-EB does anyone know if they are just adhesive backing? Or do they have mounting holes as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1