Pirelli 285/45/22 Verde take off offers on Facebook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
I bought my used 2019 Platinum shod with Hankooks in June 2023. I nursed these horrible tires until November and put a set of rims and dedicated Winter tires on all four corners.
I am now looking for a new set of 3 to 4 season tires.
Looking into the Facebook Marketplace for 285/45/22 tires, several sellers offered brand new sets of take offs off Dodge Ram 1500’s at very reasonable prices. Around CAD 1000 to 1200. Mostly Pirelli Scorpion Verde . all OEM sets
why is there such a large offering? Is there anything inherently wrong with these tires ? Stay away from buying?
interestingly most offerings are from the city area. I can understand country folks changing to a more rugged tire.
Anybody has some insight?

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my used 2019 Platinum shod with Hankooks in June 2023. I nursed these horrible tires until November and put a set of rims and dedicated Winter tires on all four corners.
I am now looking for a new set of 3 to 4 season tires.
Looking into the Facebook Marketplace for 285/45/22 tires, several sellers offered brand new sets of take offs off Dodge Ram 1500’s at very reasonable prices. Around CAD 1000 to 1200. Mostly Pirelli Scorpion Verde . all OEM sets
why is there such a large offering? Is there anything inherently wrong with these tires ? Stay away from buying?
interestingly most offerings are from the city area. I can understand country folks changing to a more rugged tire.
Anybody has some insight?

I purchased brand new Pirelli Scorpion AT tires (275/60R20) and it took me $210 US dollars each, on walmart.com. 1000 to 1200 CAD sound like fair prices to me for 4 used tires.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Reaction score
On my 21 king ranch I hated the 22" wheels handling and I put 20" on it made a 100% difference, on the 24 platinum the 22" are fine for the little time I used them before I put on the 20" studded snow tires.