Test Drive...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to test drive one yet? There are a few dealerships receiving them since late October yet theres noone who posted a test drive of one or anything. Sadly, even now i would have to drive atleast an hour to see one when they do come in. none have even been ordered locally except for my personal order. For those who mightve gotten theirs, how do you like it so far?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing in western New York yet been watching the lots for them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw in Detroit, they were selling the one they had for almost 10k off

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one:

TzQdDDSvI0CnP70D2

Screenshot_2017-11-06-20-38-41.png

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they are going to be offering some pretty good incentive the MSRP seems very loose. I was told low $40,000s for an XLT (right around the $42,000 mark). It’s a nice thought but I think I’ll keep my no payment situation. I will admit I felt a sigh of relief when I realized the prices aren’t really any higher than the current ones it’s all just fabricated to make us feel like we are expert negotiators getting the best deal.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are really discounting the 17’ models On the lots.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Below is the car and driver review of the expy:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-ford-expedition-4x4-test-review

Another mixed review, less positive than their navi review. In all id day they like it, but its interior relative to price is its achilles heel. Funny how they negatively compare the 3.5l to the 6.2l of the gms and how their fe and performance numbers are too similar , yet proceed to explain why thats the case(expy is longer, heavier, not as powerful, smoother, roomier, why are their numbers too similar?) They also compared it to the mb gls class as well saying its better, though they techically arent in the same class. In all not bad though, nothing i didnt expect to see.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Below is the car and driver review of the expy:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-ford-expedition-4x4-test-review

Another mixed review, less positive than their navi review. In all id day they like it, but its interior relative to price is its achilles heel. Funny how they negatively compare the 3.5l to the 6.2l of the gms and how their fe and performance numbers are too similar , yet proceed to explain why thats the case(expy is longer, heavier, not as powerful, smoother, roomier, why are their numbers too similar?) They also compared it to the mb gls class as well saying its better, though they techically arent in the same class. In all not bad though, nothing i didnt expect to see.
I especially like how the article compares it to the bone stock Benz GL450 when complaining about the price of the Ford. A quick visit to the Benz build and price for a similarly equipped model to the expy platinum rigs up in the mid $90k range. Also, interesting to note that the Benz is a full 20 inches shorter than the expy they tested. I’m sure the Benz is way nicer but it’s also priced as such. Why compare a tier 1 luxury vehicle to a tier 3 at best luxury vehicle in the first place. I don’t even think the Navigator is a fair comparison to the Benz.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was in Los Angeles 2 days last week, wanted to go past Galpin Ford in North Hills but couldn't fit the schedule. I was surprised to see they have no 2018 Expeditions.

Even more unexpected is they have one 2017 and somehow a leftover-leftover 2016 in their NEW inventory. And 283 Explorers. WTF. Galpin is largest by volume Ford dealer in US, usually have some good Ford stuff on the showroom and breakfast at their 50's diner is great.