Thank you Walnuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did what you said with the lower valance on my 99, I used bed liner spray paint, I used duplicolor, (wifes store does not carry Rustoleum). I do believe it will hold up this time, THANK YOU SIR!!!

One more question, should I paint the p[lastic on the rear bumper to match as well?

I will get some pics up when I get a chance.

Again, Thank You Walnuts:)

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how did you do the top plastics? take them off or do it with them on? i cant take them off. the clips wont come off on mine. :(

I had to remove the whole bumper, due to limited access on the truck for the clips. It is held on with 4 - 13/16 nuts, it was very easy to pull off, then I took my bumper into my living room, squeezed each plastic clip together with channel locks, and gently pryed the cover up with a large screwdriver, I completely sanded down each piece of plastic, washed with dawn dish soap detergent, dried them in the sun, and sprayed them with Duplicolor Bed Liner paint, put it all back together and reinstalled.... I weigh 125 soaking wet and did the job myself, not very hard of a job at all.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I am gonna attempt to paint mine while it is on the truck... otherwise it is a pain to remove my pre-runner and skid plate... but might have to bite the bullet and remove it all to make it look right

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my only problem is it is a pain in the @$$ to put my skid plate back on... o well time to get some beverages and put some meat on the smoker and get some help.... were and the hell is DGray69... hmmm

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my only problem is it is a pain in the @$$ to put my skid plate back on... o well time to get some beverages and put some meat on the smoker and get some help.... were and the hell is DGray69... hmmm

I think that edge that meets the bumper may start chipping if you don't paint it, flexing and such, is my thought.

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
btw, any of the admin folks are more than welcome to update my sig, I can seem to figure out why photobucket can't resize my photos small enough, your pic btw. Thanks.