The Battery can do curious things, just FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
I have a 98 Expedition, but this story is about my 97 Taurus SHO, just to share a nugget of info with the forum...

A couple weeks ago, I would start the car, start to drive away, then the whole car would stall, with complete electrical failure. Lights, chimes, radio, all power off the millisecond the engine quits.

Sometimes this would happen while driving. But only in the first 3 minutes of driving...then never after that.

One time, the car quit, full electrical cut off, then refused to restart repeatedly. No cranking. No chimes, no lights, no radio, nothing. Upon silently turning the key about eight times (for the heck of it) the car started up like there was no problem... VROOM.

Diagnosis was all around by various people, including me. Alternator, ignition switch, wiring, starter connection, etc.

The cause was something in the battery. Somehow it was getting an internal open circuit. After replacing the battery the problem is history. (I replaced the 5yr old DieHard with a Ford factory battery.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev