Things I'd like to see on the 2022 Exp's (coming from a 2020 KR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
  • Down shifts need some attention. This can stick you in the middle of an intersection post haste.
  • That crazy engine shutoff at stoplights needs a complete, permanent override.
  • Move the phone charger from squeezed in below the console/radio controls to the top of the dash.
  • Tweak the lane keeping software to be more sensitive without running you off the road before it kicks in.
  • Put a back seat camera somewhere so it can be viewed on the main screen. Keep an eye on the kids, the little flip down mirror just doesn't cut it.
  • Not sure if the "kick open" rear lift gate needs to be dumped completely or just re-worked. If I had a nickel every time it's bonked me in the head unexpectedly on the way down I'd be rich. I see a lot of you have just unplugged it, may try that soon.
  • Rear captain’s chairs need to slide left/right.
  • This one's just my opinion, but the low ratio rear end in the towing package is a mess. 4000 RPM at 70 mph has got to go.
  • A detailed description on what the differences are between "eco", "sport", "normal" etc.
  • In fact, let ME decide on each of the parameters for handling, such as suspension roll, stiffness, shifting patterns, and "eco?" <-- what in heck IS that? Manual only states "it helps economize your drive".
  • This SUV needs SHIFT PADDLES on the steering wheel something fierce. Assuming they're going to keep the Chevy 10 speed, but the little buttons on the console are well, they aren't.
  • Don't rely on "Android Motors" software (or whatever it's called) for us Android users. Just short of ridiculous. Great interface for iPhone though.
  • Somebody in Detroit has got to figure out the swaying and rolling that the CCD produces.
  • Such a marvelous, high tech, superior hardware system that appears to be mangled through software again.
  • On the plus side, my CCD does a magnificent job of stepping over potholes, manhole covers and bumps. Now I REALLY like that and it works.
  • The IRS arms in the back just look funky if you're coming up from behind it. Something's wrong with all that.
  • Put a folding entry/exit grab handle up on the headliner near the door on the drivers side. Just like it is on the passenger side. Any reason they removed this for the driver?
  • So much for my nit picking, as the rest of the car is fantastic.
  • Build the main display INTO the dash, not a stick-on iPad look. Make it huge, and curved. And touchscreen. And extremely hi-res. Want some help along those lines?

• With a couple of other expensive foreign cars in the garage, THIS one is my go-to. All the time. I just love to drive it.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like your list. Under the category of be careful what you wish for: I wish they would start with a base model and allow us to pick add-ons. Give 3 or 4 options for upgrades like tires, shocks, massaging seats, and so on.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give us an option for a decent sounding stereo that does not require getting the stupid deployable running boards.... but on the flip side my xlt with aftermarket alpine speakers sounds way better than anything that comes out of the factory.... and way cheaper too

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give us an option for a decent sounding stereo that does not require getting the stupid deployable running boards.... but on the flip side my xlt with aftermarket alpine speakers sounds way better than anything that comes out of the factory.... and way cheaper too
The 22 will probably offer B&O Unleashed like the F150. It's a step up from the std B&O. Sounds fantastic!!

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd love to hear that. The factory b&o is OK, but certainly doesn't **** you away does it?
No, it doesn't. But it certainly is better than the Sony system. Unleashed is terrific. There are even speakers in the headrests. If you've ever heard the Harman system in a RAM or a Jeep, it's like that.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the current b&o was great once you tune it and listen to correct media.