Things I'd like to see on the 2022 Exp's (coming from a 2020 KR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • Down shifts need some attention. This can stick you in the middle of an intersection post haste.
  • That crazy engine shutoff at stoplights needs a complete, permanent override.
  • Move the phone charger from squeezed in below the console/radio controls to the top of the dash.
  • Tweak the lane keeping software to be more sensitive without running you off the road before it kicks in.
  • Put a back seat camera somewhere so it can be viewed on the main screen. Keep an eye on the kids, the little flip down mirror just doesn't cut it.
  • Not sure if the "kick open" rear lift gate needs to be dumped completely or just re-worked. If I had a nickel every time it's bonked me in the head unexpectedly on the way down I'd be rich. I see a lot of you have just unplugged it, may try that soon.
  • Rear captain’s chairs need to slide left/right.
  • This one's just my opinion, but the low ratio rear end in the towing package is a mess. 4000 RPM at 70 mph has got to go.
  • A detailed description on what the differences are between "eco", "sport", "normal" etc.
  • In fact, let ME decide on each of the parameters for handling, such as suspension roll, stiffness, shifting patterns, and "eco?" <-- what in heck IS that? Manual only states "it helps economize your drive".
  • This SUV needs SHIFT PADDLES on the steering wheel something fierce. Assuming they're going to keep the Chevy 10 speed, but the little buttons on the console are well, they aren't.
  • Don't rely on "Android Motors" software (or whatever it's called) for us Android users. Just short of ridiculous. Great interface for iPhone though.
  • Somebody in Detroit has got to figure out the swaying and rolling that the CCD produces.
  • Such a marvelous, high tech, superior hardware system that appears to be mangled through software again.
  • On the plus side, my CCD does a magnificent job of stepping over potholes, manhole covers and bumps. Now I REALLY like that and it works.
  • The IRS arms in the back just look funky if you're coming up from behind it. Something's wrong with all that.
  • Put a folding entry/exit grab handle up on the headliner near the door on the drivers side. Just like it is on the passenger side. Any reason they removed this for the driver?
  • So much for my nit picking, as the rest of the car is fantastic.
  • Build the main display INTO the dash, not a stick-on iPad look. Make it huge, and curved. And touchscreen. And extremely hi-res. Want some help along those lines?

• With a couple of other expensive foreign cars in the garage, THIS one is my go-to. All the time. I just love to drive it.

Get yourself an Autostop Eliminator to deactivate the engine shutoff for good... I literally installed mine at a Wendy's right after picking up my Expedition.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That should have been done from day one with the rear seat entertainment systems. Kids in the back, parents in the front, seems like it should have been a no brainer.
Sad that our old 2011 Sienna even had this front screen functionality for the RES and Ford couldn't figure it out by 2018 for the release of the 4th Gen Expedition

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure where you get 4000rpm at 70 mph
We have a 2018 with the tow package & it is about 1800rpm at 70 mph in 10th gear
It has the 3:73 ELSD & 2spd transfer case
No way in **** would I ever opt for the 3:31 axle
That would turn a decent performing vehicle into to an absolute "SLUG"
Is your transmission in 10th gear when driving 70mph
If not something is wrong with your transmission programming
Always reprogram our vehicles with calibrations for the engine & transmission
We love our 2018 EXPY & will be trading for a 2022 sometime next year
Hopefully a TIMBERLINE model equipped with the options we want:33:

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure where you get 4000rpm at 70 mph
We have a 2018 with the tow package & it is about 1800rpm at 70 mph in 10th gear
It has the 3:73 ELSD & 2spd transfer case
No way in **** would I ever opt for the 3:31 axle
That would turn a decent performing vehicle into to an absolute "SLUG"
Is your transmission in 10th gear when driving 70mph
If not something is wrong with your transmission programming
Always reprogram our vehicles with calibrations for the engine & transmission
We love our 2018 EXPY & will be trading for a 2022 sometime next year
Hopefully a TIMBERLINE model equipped with the options we want:33:
Somebody may have locked out the upper gears using the shift down button to get the 4000 rpm.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get yourself an Autostop Eliminator to deactivate the engine shutoff for good... I literally installed mine at a Wendy's right after picking up my Expedition.
I second this one, $90 and it was literally the easy thing i've ever installed on a vehicle... like easier than floor mats lol

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They ought to make a lot more functions user defined. I'd like to choose "perimeter only" as the default alarm, have auto dim headlights work below 30mph, and have an audible warning, in addition to the light , for the blind spot warning when the directional is on (like my Dodge did).

OP
OP
buckwheat-phd

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
Wow - you guys with Expi experience have thrown in some **excellent** ideas.

I wonder if Ford Corp even looks at our comments along these lines. If so, haven't seen many comments

Last edited: