Think these headlights will work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those look nice the thing we worry about on ebay headlights is will the seal hold up to the heat of hids but those will solve the glare problem of the stock units

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good point. i found out first hand tonight what HIDs in stock housing do......nothing.... lol that was a big waste of time, so i will put silverstars in until i have enough to put them back in, in a clear housing. Is there a particular headlight you suggest for HID

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those headlights will still cause glare if not more. You need a projector style headlight and even then I wouldnt.....

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got projector style lights for mine from Ebay. $140 for the pair. totally worth it. They fogged up for the first 3 days, then when the moisture burned off, they were perfect. bright and sexy.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the clear lens is what you want to run with hids. walnuts4x4 has a pic in his sig with hids in ebay housings. alot of guys on the f150 forum are using headlights from the harley davidson f150 running bixenon hids they look good. personaly i dont like the projectors in the expy/f150 as they look crowded and then you need to wire in two sets of hids instead of one. just my .02

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the clear lens is what you want to run with hids. walnuts4x4 has a pic in his sig with hids in ebay housings. alot of guys on the f150 forum are using headlights from the harley davidson f150 running bixenon hids they look good. personaly i dont like the projectors in the expy/f150 as they look crowded and then you need to wire in two sets of hids instead of one. just my .02

But wouldnt a clear lens give out more light which means more glare with the chrome reflectors:confused:

*btw Im not arguing just for my information*:eek:

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walnuts4x4 used to have lightning headlights before those he has now. Does he have glare with either one of those?

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want a light that I can see without having to have highs. I will eventually put hids in my fog lights also but I want to start with the headlights

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope

:troll:
I found these headlights on ebay and they look similar to stock but without the foggy front. Think they will work with HIDs?

Probably not. HID headlamp units are designed to focus the light in a tighter focused beam. Standard headlamp units with HID retro fit will produce a tremendous amount of glare and poor results in light pattern.

On the other hand they have a nice clean look. You could go with a bulb that has a brighter color.