Thinking of selling my 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkeexpbeast

Reaction score
I have a 2001 expedition.5.4 triton, 3rd row seats, it is in very good condition except it has blown a spark plug and after researching solutions one of my options is to just sell it and cut my losses now.I am wondering about how much it would be worth.it has 154K on the motor.Like i said other than the blown plug it is fine.I am in Virginia.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are going to sell it as is, and I were to buy it, I would not be paying much more than a $1000 since the buyer is taking the risk on whether they can fix the plug issue or will have to pull the head, etc. Personally, I would fix the plug and then sell. You can probably get around 3000-3500 with a good running truck depending on the options it has.

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any decent shop should be able to do it for a few hundred bucks. I checked at one shop in my area (just in case mine blows a plug), and they quoted me at 200 to 400, depending on which plug it is, and how hard it is to get to.

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Iv done it a few times to the nabors expy and it only took me no more then 20 min. #5, 4, and 6.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the question on the quick fixes is whether or not there is head damage. In my case, the plug ejected, hit the fuel rail, then was ingested into the same cylinder cracking the head and I went with a ground up rebuild.

Blue oval wouldn't fix it, but I found the guy that does all modular ford rebuilds while still in Tidewater, VA. it was just shy of $4,000 on an original-owner, garage kept, 1st gen Eddie Bauer with only 147,774 miles at the time of the incident. It took six weeks and came with a 3/36 warranty. I am still driving it everyday and am very happy i went that route.

as others have indicated above,you have to make an informed decision, and there are a lot of expys out there for the picking.

PanHandler.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt