This is why we can't have nice things.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to tell the wife to park far away but when it's below freezing.... It's a hard sell
I know what you mean. My used to park her 14 year old Mercedes in the back of the lot, so that isn't a problem. Now she has a new Escape Titanium and continues to park away from everyone.

OP
OP
C

Carl H

Reaction score
So I'm bringing to a couple shops tomorrow, b pillar is shoved in at least 2". Thoughts on it being totalled? Both doors are toast, fender is shifted. Several interior parts are broken. Floor pan is folded in half in spots or flattened completely.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
So I'm bringing to a couple shops tomorrow, b pillar is shoved in at least 2". Thoughts on it being totalled? Both doors are toast, fender is shifted. Several interior parts are broken. Floor pan is folded in half in spots or flattened completely.

Not sure if it'll be totalled or not but I personally would unload it If they do repair it. Once you see major structural damage cars never seem to be the same after. Good luck!

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Oh man... Hate to see that and sorry you're stuck dealing with it- such a pain in the ass

If the frame was bent at all they will almost certainly total it.

OP
OP
C

Carl H

Reaction score
Not sure if it'll be totalled or not but I personally would unload it If they do repair it. Once you see major structural damage cars never seem to be the same after. Good luck!
I've only made two payments, being upside down this early sucks with a wreck like this.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not having gap insurance sucks. I remember my buddy bought a new 2500 chevy HD a few years back and his wife totaled it. The truck just had it’s first oil change the week previous yet the insurance payed him about half the trucks value and he was liable to pay the entire test of the loan on the vehicle immediately as the creditor said the contract becomes nullifies upon being totaled.

Just be careful because if ford is similar you they may want the entire Loan payed up now.... Some creditors write in the contract if you total the vehicle you are responsible to pay your debt in full immediately.

Last edited: