This is why we can't have nice things.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet you'll complain if you buy a car and then find out later it was in a crash that was not reported to CarFax.

Settle down. This is a reality we live in. When buying used you HAVE TO either know what you're looking at or pay someone to check it over for you. I almost bought a 2014 F150 with low miles that was in perfect condition, clean 1 owner carfax, then I popped the hood and saw overspray.

BTW, do you think dealers report everything they do to cars? They don't, my 2014 Ram that I bought new and recently traded in to a Ram dealer was re-listed for sale with a "free carfax" that didn't show ANY of the times it was at Ram dealers for transmission or drivetrain issues. The carfax also didn't show the two times it went to a body shop for hail damage repair that totaled over $6,000. When you buy used it's always buyer beware.

hwystr1

Reaction score
If she backed into something as large as an Expy, what do you think she would have done to a mom with two small kids and a shopping cart? Restrict her to a tricycle.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. Time for license revocation. I also park my mint 2015 EL Limited in the dead lot at stores waaay far out. Always drop the wife and kids off at the store door and pick them up again there so they don’t mind and I enjoy the cold brisk walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Settle down. This is a reality we live in. When buying used you HAVE TO either know what you're looking at or pay someone to check it over for you. I almost bought a 2014 F150 with low miles that was in perfect condition, clean 1 owner carfax, then I popped the hood and saw overspray.

BTW, do you think dealers report everything they do to cars? They don't, my 2014 Ram that I bought new and recently traded in to a Ram dealer was re-listed for sale with a "free carfax" that didn't show ANY of the times it was at Ram dealers for transmission or drivetrain issues. The carfax also didn't show the two times it went to a body shop for hail damage repair that totaled over $6,000. When you buy used it's always buyer beware.
Carfax is not 100%. If it only catches 75%, what good is it? New Vehicles are damaged on lot or in transport all the time. That damage never gets reported. I had a friend that ran a check on a Lincoln, with a salvage title. The cars body, showed no sign of any paint or damage. It was water damage and showed on the report. The car was 1999 and damage was recorded in 1999. It was fixed and on the road for 10 years. So, my point is cars can be fixed correctly and lead a normal life. The make a paint thickness gauge, that can show uneven paint anomalies.

OP
OP
C

Carl H

Reaction score
Got a few estimates today, ranges from 13k to 15k. I'm sure it will go up as they tear into the truck.

But the ****** part is that no one can start working on it until almost the middle of next month and it's almost a month's worth of work.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About the only good thing about being disabled, is you've got that stinkin blue placard that lets you park a distance from that idiot that wants to snuggle up right next to your drivers door. At 6'2 and 315 pounds, sucking everything in, or crawling through passenger side is no fun. I've been involved in over 6 major accidents in my 47 years of driving, so I feel your pain! Your insurance should cover a rental car during repairs. If not you might want to pick up a cheap for now vehicle, if your on a 1 vehicle. You can always dump it after repairs. Cheaper than paying out of pocket for up to a month for a rental. Selling a cheap under $1,000 car is usually easy. I've done it many times.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Carl H

Reaction score
About the only good thing about being disabled, is you've got that stinkin blue placard that lets you park a distance from that idiot that wants to snuggle up right next to your drivers door. At 6'2 and 315 pounds, sucking everything in, or crawling through passenger side is no fun. I've been involved in over 6 major accidents in my 47 years of driving, so I feel your pain! Your insurance should cover a rental car during repairs. If not you might want to pick up a cheap for now vehicle, if your on a 1 vehicle. You can always dump it after repairs. Cheaper than paying out of pocket for up to a month for a rental. Selling a cheap under $1,000 car is usually easy. I've done it many times.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
I've got my own truck and since we were not at fault, her insurance is going to pay for the rental.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Time for license revocation. I also park my mint 2015 EL Limited in the dead lot at stores waaay far out. Always drop the wife and kids off at the store door and pick them up again there so they don’t mind and I enjoy the cold brisk walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For me it more like a brisk long limp although sometimes the knee is working the way it is supposed to work and then I walk normally. :rolleyes:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a few estimates today, ranges from 13k to 15k. I'm sure it will go up as they tear into the truck.

But the ****** part is that no one can start working on it until almost the middle of next month and it's almost a month's worth of work.
Sorry to hear that.