Throttle body failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, got a semi off topic question involving a throttle body reset procedure. My neighbor has a 2003 Silverado that needs the reset procedure done after a new throttle body install. I looked on the Silverado forum but didn’t see much help. Is there an app or program like forscan that I can do this reset with on my phone or laptop with my OBDII adaptor? @LokiWolf @Black
Thanks!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I think at 85k and while still under warranty, it will be time to trade in for a smaller SUV for the wife and finally get back into a pickup.

You know that up to 100K miles, Ford will give you a four year, 40K warranty if you think it's worth the money. I bought on on an Explorer with ticking phasers for $1300. Shop at Lombard Ford.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all, got a semi off topic question involving a throttle body reset procedure. My neighbor has a 2003 Silverado that needs the reset procedure done after a new throttle body install. I looked on the Silverado forum but didn’t see much help. Is there an app or program like forscan that I can do this reset with on my phone or laptop with my OBDII adaptor? @LokiWolf @Black
Thanks!

Sorry, Not aware of anything like FORSCAN for chevys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!

No tools or software needed for either the GM or Ford.
Here is GMs relearn procedure.

OP
OP
C

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know that up to 100K miles, Ford will give you a four year, 40K warranty if you think it's worth the money. I bought on on an Explorer with ticking phasers for $1300. Shop at Lombard Ford.

That may be na option I'd consider but more so the reason for getting rid of it would be we wouldn't need the people hauling capacity any longer once my kids leave for college. I traded in my pickup for the expedition and don't need to have two big trucks in the garage. I'll probably put my wife in an v6 18+ Durango as it is still relatively SUVish and we've had them as rentals and liked them. It's no Ford but we disliked the explorers and I don't like the integral water pump on the transverse 3.5 motor.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That may be na option I'd consider but more so the reason for getting rid of it would be we wouldn't need the people hauling capacity any longer once my kids leave for college. I traded in my pickup for the expedition and don't need to have two big trucks in the garage. I'll probably put my wife in an v6 18+ Durango as it is still relatively SUVish and we've had them as rentals and liked them. It's no Ford but we disliked the explorers and I don't like the integral water pump on the transverse 3.5 motor.

It's only $2,000+ to replace the water pump and it's a better idea by Ford.....come on :emotions33: