Time for 1st LOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cannot believe that it’s time for first LOF. We have put some serious mileage on Mad Max in only 4 months. Our only gripe was 1 time the screen flashed that the trailer was connected/disconnected. Hasn’t happened since, so not sure if had to do with the minor accident. Our family still loves our Expedition and wouldn’t change a thing.

How is everyone else faring on mileage?

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, the time goes by fast. We're soon to hit 5k which is the interval I will be performing the services at. Glad to hear you're not experiencing the trailer warning messages like I am. They have grown fewer and farther between but they're still happening on occasion. What is you're average mpg hovering at now that you've put on a couple thousand miles?

OP
OP
Spoiledhappywife

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving around town it is 20.1 and when I am going uphill to the white mountains- that trip is usually 22 (average). I am horrible where I like to remote start my car now that the temps are in the 90's here. I want the a/c running and to cool it down. Maybe once we hit our extreme heat things will be different. I hope not. I have to say being able to fill up every couple of weeks versus days is so refreshing-especially on bank account.

Glad to hear that the towing message is happening only on occasion. :)

Hubby was shocked over the miles we put on the Expedition, so this weekend she is a garage queen and we will take the F150 up.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving around town it is 20.1 and when I am going uphill to the white mountains- that trip is usually 22 (average). I am horrible where I like to remote start my car now that the temps are in the 90's here. I want the a/c running and to cool it down. Maybe once we hit our extreme heat things will be different. I hope not. I have to say being able to fill up every couple of weeks versus days is so refreshing-especially on bank account.

Glad to hear that the towing message is happening only on occasion. :)

Hubby was shocked over the miles we put on the Expedition, so this weekend she is a garage queen and we will take the F150 up.

Good info, do you have the Tow Package?

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had first oil change, and up to about 8000km (which is about right on 5000mi). I did the first change early at 5000km, oil was still at 35% life, but i figured 1st change isn't bad early, and we were just headed out on road trip from Calgary to Victoria, so wanted it done before adding 3000kms.