time sert?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time sert

Thx again guys. I want to start the job but how do I hook up the remote to the solenoid to make sure piston is down?

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thx again guys. I want to start the job but how do I hook up the remote to the solenoid to make sure piston is down?

just have someone tap the ignition while you check to see where the piston is at... Easier than making a while remote starter solenoid trigger.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hand cranked mine till it was in the right position ...really not sure if it matters ...but I guess do what the instructions say:crazy:

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have timeserted all 8 cylinders on my Expy. The use of air tools is preferred due to the slower rotational speed of things like the air ratchet and what not. But, if you can get a drill that only spins at say 150 RPM, then that will work too. The other advantage of the air tools is the 90 degree operation that most of them work at. But, if you can get an angled drill, then that will work too.

LIke was mentioned, if you are doing it with the heads installed, GREASE, GREASE, GREASE!!!!! I would also recommend getting some smaller tygon tubing and using that to hook up to a vacuum so you can sweep out the cylinder after all is said and done.

When it comes to rotating the engine, what I used was a 10 amp momentary switch with about 18 inches of wire and alligator clips on the ends. Then you can remove the cover off of the starter solenoid and connect the switch to the battery side of the starter solenoid and to the small post on the bottom. Then, as you depress the switch, the starter will be engaged and rotate the motor. You don't have to worry about the engine starting since you shouldn't have the keys in the ignition.

When I did my engine, I removed the heads as I wanted to fix the engine all the way and not have to worry about this again. THis also gave me a chance to port/polish the intake to get some more power out of the engine.

So, if you have any questions, let me know.

OP
OP
N

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Thermo. I've got some good news. the spark plug wasn't blown as I thought, but I decided to change plugs with all motocraft. I found the plug on #8 was quite rusty, and the bolt that holds the coil pack was stripped. Here's a pic of two of the plugs, the one on the left was the one on #8. Give me your thoughts. I'm thinking the coil pack wasn't on tight enough and let in moisture.

Attachments

• IMG_0365[1].jpg
    IMG_0365[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 106

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
CHester. other than a little bit of dirt and whatnot, that doesn't look too bad. As long as the spark plug was on there tight, then all is good. The only thing that you may have experienced is when it rained, the motor would be down on a little bit of power. IF the COP was loose, it will allow some water down and into the well. As for fixing the hole, I would recommend inserting a helicoil and going from there. The COP doesn't experience any major loads.

CHris "Thermo" Coleman, Nukie the radioactive 97 Ford X, and K'RE Ann the 03 Jag X

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryin2fickshit