"Tippy" Ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikeluver43

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, first post. I have a 2004 Expedition EB with Air Suspension. I deleted the air suspension with a coil over kit from Ebay - Prime Auto suspension pieces. Seeing as the suspension that was there before was pretty much toast, I can't really compare the new ride to the old, but overall it feels bouncy, and overly top heavy over bumps and turns.

I've replaced front and rear sway bar end links along with new tie rods (inner and outer up front).

I'm not sure if the coil overs are just crappy, but its almost like they don't start absorbing any movement for a few inches of play. Does anyone else have this or can you recommend a good replacement coil over that is firmer and more controlled?

Expegator

Reaction score
I recently acquired a navigator with a blown air suspension, and used cheap struts from rock auto and I feel the same way about my suspension. It's like it's just too top heavy feeling. I never drove the vehicle in proper working order so I have nothing to compare the ride performance to. I was going to replace my sway bar end links to see if that would help but maybe that's just the normal ride characteristics. By the way my other vehicle is an f-350 so it can't be a height issue that I'm not used to.