Tonado Fuel Saver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone used one? I ordered one for $51.00. If it gains me a couple of extra miles per fill-up, I'll be happy.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
General consensus is that they suck. Haven't actually used, one, though.

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man not to be a dick but thats like ordering billy mays never scrub. that crap doesnt work. You cant change the direction that air flows with a soda can that has been bent up with sharp edges. CAI or tuner may help a tiny bit but the throttle body spacer and tornado type stuff is just a bs scam.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember seeing a test of this product on TV, I think it was Two Guy's Garage, anyway it was quite a while back but what I remember it had no positive affect on the engine performance or fuel mileage.

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel saving

In my experiance most all of these fuel saving devices are not worth the price of the box they come in. If you remember the early 70 s when the oil embargo drove gas up over $1.00 a gallon for the first time there were dozens of things on the market promising improved milage, none of them worked. There were things like a spacer that fit between the carb and intake and it had screen cups in the throttle bores with a little propeller in the center , they said it super atomized the fuel gave a 25% increase in milage.
You have to feed the cubic inches of the motor and move the weight of the vehicle against the wind, period. About all you can do is keep the tires properly inflated, don't accelerate too fast and limit your speed.

Black_Exhaust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know what to think of this one... check it out for yourself... it's called the hydro 4000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INquIAnpH4s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbYzgNZ3Esk&NR=1

I don't believe it and I can be a boarder line hypermileager when someone puts me to the test so anything that sounds like it will work well is like a must have to me.

it really all comes down to proper care and driving habits, my Expy can get over 14 mpg average when I drive it around carefully, the tornado never helped the CIA's are a waiste of time for mileage (unless you go for a ram air is what I'm told). Superchips, SCT, and hypertec tunes with a high octane setting and slightly lowered shift points help as long as you can keep your foot off the floor.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driving habit is a biggie, if I'm jumping from light to light and doing 85 on the freeway mine drops to 12.5 or so, but if I accelerate moderately, coast some whent the light ahead is red and keep it to 70 on the freeway mine jumps up to around 15. If it's all freeway I'm getting around 17.

OP
OP
C

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tornado installed

So I installed it and, though I can't comment on fuel savings (cause I'm not really monitoring), I have notice that my truck accelerates quicker from a stop and also when I go to pass from 55mph to 70mph. This started about three days after I installed it. At first it seemed that my truck was sluggish, but on the morning of the third day, I notice the boost. It's as if the truck had to re-learn and adjust to the tornado being there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1