Took home '19 Platinum... Anything I need to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Almost 1800 miles on my 19 Platinum. Though 1000 miles in it was attacked by a 4 point buck. I stopped Buck did not. Hit me right between the headlights. He rolled over the bumper and under the hood. $15,000 and 5 weeks later new hood and lots and lots of plastic stuff replaced its good so far. Didn’t bend any metal besides the hood and radiator. Whew..

Just did my first respectable road trip 2 hours each way 21.5mpg running 65-75mph. That’s impressive coming from a Toyota Sequoia that did 15-16mpg road trips. Rare as in like twice in 8 yrs 18mpg lol.

Really enjoying it. Oh the three way bench 2nd row is awesome every SUV should have one. I can’t stand the 2nd row captains chairs trend.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really enjoying it. Oh the three way bench 2nd row is awesome every SUV should have one. I can’t stand the 2nd row captains chairs trend.

We looked high and low for a max that had captain's chairs and the HD tow package, a real unicorn actually. With our three kids the captains chairs are best. No need to flip a seat ahead and all three are comfy and there is no "he's touching me" crap. My girl walks in between the seats without issue.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We looked high and low for a max that had captain's chairs and the HD tow package, a real unicorn actually. With our three kids the captains chairs are best. No need to flip a seat ahead and all three are comfy and there is no "he's touching me" crap. My girl walks in between the seats without issue.

Exactly and then when the kids outgrow their car seats or adults sit in the second row they actually have a comfortable seat. I sat in 2 side by side on the dealers lot one with rear bench and one with rear buckets. I'll guarantee my elderly parents couldn't sit comfortably in those flat bench seats, whereas they'll ride cross country with us In these captains chairs because they are so comfortable. Soon our kids will be out of their car seats and I don't expect them to want to sit on that flat bench seat that's flat as a board. It was a no brainer for my decision.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is our first vehicle with captains and we will never go back. Convenience and comfort are amazing. I get if you have a specific circumstance that necessitates a bench (dogs, usually), a bench might be nice. but you can even add things like nets and whatnot to address those needs. And obviously if you need the extra seat.

But man do adults and older kids in the back love the comfort of those captains.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. this reply is of no real relation to the OP question, but I'll post anyway. LOL

It was REALLY difficult to find one with the second row bench AND the options that I wanted. Out of the 12-16 vehicles in the 200-300 mile radius, they ALL had captains chairs. The ones closest with benches either were wrong color, 4x2, no HD tow, or one had the Entertainment system. In the end, I will deal with them. I wanted the bench primarily for our dogs, but they will learn to make do with the setup as it is. :)

Kids are 18 and 16 so they don't need the bench, We rarely go anywhere anymore with more than 4 people in the vehicle, so even the third row was a meh feature for us. Our primarily purpose was to upgrade our tow vehicle for our camper (and future camper upgrade).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmtodd1973