Took home '19 Platinum... Anything I need to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is my 6th Expy and am well versed in what's included and how everything works for the most part. Still getting used to the newer version of Sync and setting up a few things but wanted to know if there is anything I MUST know about the latest Gen Expeditions? More so stuff that isn't obvious or easily researched.

Thanks!

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will have to condition yourself to hit the Auto Start-Stop "off" button every time you start up...unless you want it to restart pretty much every time you come to a stop. Or, there is a pricy Auto Start-Stop "eliminator" that you can buy if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The annoying smart key thing will probably burn you a million times unless you always drive the same vehicle. I have 4 vehicles I swap between at work and I either have all 4 of those keys bulging my pocket like a ****-star, or I never have the right key and I'm swearing at them. lol. The problem is If I have all 4 keys with me, then my employees can't use the other 3 vehicles as needed, so its a non-stop battle we all fight. The new Ford keys are sooooo enormous, I just don't understand why they didn't stick with their smaller 2013-14 style flat key, it has all the exact same feature on it....

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will have to condition yourself to hit the Auto Start-Stop "off" button every time you start up...unless you want it to restart pretty much every time you come to a stop. Or, there is a pricy Auto Start-Stop "eliminator" that you can buy if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

It was worth eating top ramen for a month! :D

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't get all the bother about the start stop. I get in. Start, Seat belt, push the start stop off button. For me it's a non issue. And if I forget when it happens once it gets turned off.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't get all the bother about the start stop. I get in. Start, Seat belt, push the start stop off button. For me it's a non issue. And if I forget when it happens once it gets turned off.

I drive multiple different vehicles during the day at work or whatever and to have a ritual for every vehicle is absolutely absurd. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast, muchness remember to shut some stupid EPA button off everyday! lol.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yeah I’m not too bothered by it. Had a ‘15 F150 for a year and I guess I got used to it. I’m not trying to race anyone off the light anymore so if it takes a half a second to get going, I’m not worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can just use a jumper wire in auto stop start behind the button to always show off and disable. It costs maybe $1.00 in wire. Hahahahaha

congrats on the new ride :)