top speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey guys, has anybody ever hit the top speed on an expo,
if you have what happens? does it shut off at 100 or does it pass that limit?

the highest ive gotten mine is 95, then a car got in my way lol, it was a good thing i had ABS

1999 4.6 eddie bauer 2wd

bernardo

Reaction score
i've hit the top speed with mine, i know i was goin faster than a hundred cause my needle on my speedometer was past a hundred and i was following my brother at the same time. he told me i was goin over a hundred on the way home so i wasnt sure how much faster i was goin than a 100 mph

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my '98 Navigator, I know I pushed the speedometer's needle past the maximum speed indicated and pressed against the little bar that keeps the needle from going any further.

Hung their for five seconds and then let off on the gas.

5.4L (2 valve version)

Godfrey

Reaction score
Today on Hwy 270 South between Hwy 44 & Gravois (St. Louis) around 11:30am, reached a top speed of 102 MPH. Attempting to go beyond that the engine was governed(sp?) and my speed did not exceed 102.

I also have the heavy duty trailer tow package so I don't know what that has to do with my top speeds or RPM range, shift points etc.

I had a (either Great Planes or Kyosho) Viper with a .46 OS w/ tuned pipe that flew at speeds 140+, that was fun until I had radio failure and it crashed into the ground... :( I really miss that hobby...

Godfrey

Reaction score
Well, actually the red lights should be behind you and the blue lights in front. When you are driving that fast, close to the speed of light, you should see things red-shift in the rear and blue-shift ahead of you.

:)

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
this weekend i went over a 100 and the rpm was around 3500
the rpm slowly went up and the speed also slowly went up, I tried to see how far it'll go but then there was construction ahead

1999 4.6 eddie bauer 2wd

shibbyness

Reaction score
Close...

The 03's and up are definitely governed at 100.

I was driving on I 25 in New Mexico on a flat stretch and put my pedal to the floor, didn't top it out because the wind threw me over half a lane (no one was around for miles) and I had a luggage rack on my receiver hitch, a bike on a typical clip on rack, and a large bag up on top and I managed 105. I'll try a top speed run without a load and see what she can do some other time. I have an 04 XLT 4.6 bone stock. I was running on a half and half tank of 89 and 86 octane.

Last edited: