Torn rubberized radiator cowling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeterK

Reaction score
Gents & Ladies,

I've got a 2014 EL XLT and the shrouds/cowling that directs air from the grill to the radiator/oil cooler is torn on both sides, making them less effective and coincidentally blocking/muffling the horns.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the solution besides taking it into the shop to replace?

Thanks much!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gents & Ladies,

I've got a 2014 EL XLT and the shrouds/cowling that directs air from the grill to the radiator/oil cooler is torn on both sides, making them less effective and coincidentally blocking/muffling the horns.

Has anyone else experienced this and what was the solution besides taking it into the shop to replace?

Thanks much!
Peter are talking about the rubber pieces that go from the side of the grill down the radiator frame? On mine they are just held in place with plastic push rivets. Are those missing on yours or is the rubber actually torn? Since it is in an area that isn't seen, I'd get an old tarp and cut strips from it and attach it to the existing pieces with what ever you have, pop rivets, zip ties etc. All you want to do is just direct the air into the radiator.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that tore. Mine is an 07 and that still is in great shape... I’m wondering how that tore being protected behind the grille. Was it removed at one point?

Bigfishfin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gents & Ladies,

Thanks much!
I have made repairs on my rubber schrouds using HD (Gorilla) duct tape and super glue. Can be multi-layer reinforced or what ever as needed. Looks neat, is cheap and works!...