TOW HOOKS/Brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teameliteexpo

Reaction score
i prob should have done this in my last thread but. too late now. My expy didnt come with tow hooks. and to mount the brush guard i need the frame drilled tow hook holes. I cannot find the dimensions of these anywhere! HELP! I need diameter of the holes, distance from beginning of frame and distance between the two holes. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i prob should have done this in my last thread but. too late now. My expy didnt come with tow hooks. and to mount the brush guard i need the frame drilled tow hook holes. I cannot find the dimensions of these anywhere! HELP! I need diameter of the holes, distance from beginning of frame and distance between the two holes. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure the holes arent there and its just that you dont have the hooks:shrug:

OP
OP
T

teameliteexpo

Reaction score
yeah im positive. its wierd it didnt come with the tow package. so they arent there.

OP
OP
T

teameliteexpo

Reaction score
They are the same! BUT TRYING TO FIND THOSE PARTICULAR SPECS ONLINE is like trying to find your fishin rod in the middle of a lake. Its damn near impossible. lol any info you might know will help.!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
take a picture of the frame so we can what you mean. cause as far i knew the holes were always there. but i guess i could be wrong. sounds weird.

OP
OP
T

teameliteexpo

Reaction score
i have found out that tow hooks only come on 4x4's. all i need is the measurement of how far back the front hole is drilled into the frame. from the front of the frame to the first bolt hole of the towhooks. Does this describe it any better?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm... you should still have the holes. they are square holes. thats weird. cause as far as i know when the company, could be ford, is making the frame they dont know if its going to be a 4x4 or 4x2 until later down the line. they just make them the same. but i could be wrong.

OP
OP
T

teameliteexpo

Reaction score
i think so. i have been reading up on other forums. and some had them and others didnt. i am just trying to get that first measurement so i can get my brushguard put on!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha i dont blame you. have you put the bracket on the frame yet? like i mean to see where the screws go? try and put a vice on them to see where they go and then lift the brush guard up onto them. if you dont like it then move the brackets forward and back to where you want them. then drill! haha